with Tom Kawula
with Heather Iddings
For more than half a century, PRS companies have created process rolls of every conceivable design for both OEMs and end users. We have the craftsmen, the precision turning, balancing and grinding equipment and the specialized fixtures and techniques to produce rolls up to 48 inches in diameter and 300 inches in length for every imaginable function. That’s why PRS is The Source for all your roll requirements from new manufactures, to repairs and regrinds.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities support engineering, fabrication and repair services. We follow strict manufacturing procedures to ensure consistent quality across a variety of roll types.
Our engineers have the expertise to produce exceptional products ranging from new rollers to reverse-engineering an existing roller that’s no longer available.
We manufacture to your drawings or design to your specifications, to meet your requirements.
- Flow in & out – opposite ends
- Flow in & out the same end
- Low capacity flow or high capacity flow
- Welded or bolted head construction
- Mild steel or alloy steel construction
- Annealed or hardened
- Solid steel rolls
- Tubular constructed rolls
- Rubber roll cores
- Fiber (paper) filled rolls
- Smooth anvil rolls
- Plasma Spray Coatings
- Nickel: Dense coating with excellent corrosion resistance.
- Stainless Steel: Wear & corrosion resistance.
- Copper: Dense coating that provides good electrical conductivity.
- Tungsten Carbide/Cobalt: Dense, hard, wear resistance coating.
- Aluminum Oxide: White, exceptional density for improved wear resistance and thermal & electrical insulation.
- Chrome Oxide: Exceptionally hard & dense coating – (used for laser engraving).
- Complex Oxide: Coatings are hard and dense and provide corrosion protection, wear resistance, protection against high & low temperatures, particle erosion and fretting wear.
- Titanium Oxide: Black, dense, hard and abrasion resistant.